Build a better future. Start your career with Sunnyside Unified School District today.
Join our team!
If you are interested in working for a dynamic school district, Sunnyside is the place for you. Our benefit package is created with employee review and input to ensure the most cost-effective package available. The Sunnyside Unified School District is also a member of the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and Long Term Disability (LTD) plan. Welcome to Sunnyside.
Teacher Compensation and Incentives
As a district focused on redefining the teaching profession, we strive to provide incentives so that our teachers can improve their craft while remaining in the classroom. Our competitive compensation structure takes into account M&O funds as well as recent additional funding from the Arizona legislature to put into effect an increase in teacher pay.
Thrive in Your Career
- We provide all of our certified employees with newer model Laptops and Tablets.
- Our IT Department provides Technology Training to support all of our staff.
- Continue growing by taking advantage of our Professional Development Opportunities
- Up to 24 paid holidays throughout the year.
- All employees are eligible for our Affordable PPO Health Care Plans. Check if your provider is in the United Healthcare Choice Plus Network.
- By participating in our Employee Wellness Program, you can save an additional $650 per year on your health insurance premiums.
Substitute teaching is a rewarding career choice for those with a passion for education. As a substitute teacher, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on students' lives and the flexibility to work a few days a week or occasional long-term assignments. It is a great way to gain experience and grow your network. We value our substitute teachers and are committed to providing them with the support and resources they need to be successful.Become a Substitute
At Sunnyside, we value the continuous growth and development of our educators. That's why we invest in professional development opportunities for our staff. By joining our team, you'll have access to the latest teaching methods, educational technology, and opportunities to improve your skills. This not only helps you stay current in your field, but it also allows you to better meet the diverse needs of your students. We believe that investing in our staff is a long-term investment in the success of our organization, our students, and your career growth.
The Sunnyside Unified School District has a comprehensive benefits package available for eligible Full Time and Part-Time employees. Benefits include District contribution towards the selections that the employee chooses.
- Medical and Prescription Benefits
- UMR HDMP 3000 - Plan Summary
- UMR PPO 1500 - Plan Summary
- UMR PPO 750 - Plan Summary
- Compare our Medical Plans
- Dental Benefits
- Delta Dental HMO - Plan Summary
- Delta Dental Low PPO - Plan Summary
- Delta Dental High PPO - Plan Summary
- Compare our Dental Plans
- Superior Vision - Plan Summary
- Dependent Care Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer Paid Life Insurance - $25,000 - Policy Summary
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance - Policy Summary
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance - Low Plan/High Plan
- Voluntary Accident Insurance - Policy Summary
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance - Policy Summary
It is District policy to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Sunnyside Unified School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to its employees and applicants for employment in order to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need accommodations to attend a hiring interview, please notify the interview scheduler at the time you are contacted to schedule an interview. ADA accommodations are handled by the Human Resources Department. For ADA intake, follow up or general questions, please email [email protected]