At SUSD, we are revolutionizing the public school experience so that students leave our schools college, career and community ready!
Kinder Roundup 2023-2024 Enrollment
2023 – 2024 Enrollment
New Student Enrollment
The new student enrollment links are for anyone who isn’t already enrolled in a SUSD school, like kids who are just starting kindergarten or families who just moved to the district.
Returning Student Enrollment
Returning students are those who are currently enrolled in a SUSD school and want to register for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year.
2022 – 2023 Enrollment
New Student Enrollment
If a student enrolls in a SUSD school after the academic year has already started, they are classified as a new student and are required to complete the registration as a new student.
Open Enrollment is an opportunity for students who reside outside of the Sunnyside Unified School District (SUSD) boundaries to enroll in SUSD schools, based on availability. Students who live within SUSD boundaries may also use open enrollment to change from their default school. Arizona state law allows students to apply for admission to any public school through open enrollment, based on available classroom space (A.R.S. § 15-816.01). Acceptance is based on the school’s grade-level and program capacity, and meeting all admission requirements.
District transportation services are not available to Open Enrollment students. Families of students under open enrollment must provide their own transportation. This includes students who are enrolled in a school that is not their school of residence. Please see the Sunnyside Unified School District Transportation Department Bus Policy for more information.
Documents you will need for registration
To complete the registration process at any of the Sunnyside Schools you will need the following for each student:
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Parent/Guardian ID Card
- Proof of Residence – 1 item -(i.e. Driver’s License/ID with Current Address, Rental Lease Agreement or Deed, Current Utility Bill)
- You will need to submit a separate enrollment form for each student you wish to enroll
Please Note: Parent or Legal Guardian’s Signature is necessary on enrollment forms.
Gallego Primary & Gallego Intermediate Application Only
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year for Gallego Primary and Gallego Intermediate opened to the public on 12/12/22. Students currently in Gallego Primary & Gallego Intermediate do not need to reapply. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Office of School Supervision at (520) 545-2063, or email Maria Vazquez at [email protected].
Ocotillo Learning Center
If you are interested in enrolling your student at Ocotillo for the 2023-2024 school year, please complete and submit the Ocotillo Interest Form below. If you have questions regarding the application process, please contact Ocotillo’s Office Manager, Maritza Mercado at (520) 545-3600, or email Maria Vazquez at [email protected].
Sunnyside Online Success Academy (SOSA)
The Sunnyside Online Success Academy (SOSA) is a full-time, full online learning from home, personalized learning model. The self-paced, independent structure of SOSA requires the student to prioritize and complete tasks on their own. Students interested in SOSA should carefully consider their academic skills, preferred learning styles, and ability to work independently to determine if SOSA is a good match.
- For the 2022-23 school year, SOSA is available to 4th – 12th grade students
- For the 2023-24 school year, SOSA will only be available for grades 9th – 12th
- Five days per week (no set schedule)
- Online curriculum designed to provide self-paced learning. The curriculum is different from the curriculum utilized in SUSD schools.
- Limited direct interactions with a teacher. SOSA has an office-hour structure where students need to schedule time with an instructor for questions and support.
- Chromebooks will be provided to students
If you are interested in enrolling or learning more about the Sunnyside Online Success Academy (SOSA) please contact:
- Grades 4-8: Mike Bejarano – Ph. (520) 545-2247, Email: [email protected]
- Grades 9-12: Ricky Torres – Ph. (520) 545-2300, Email: [email protected]