The Sunnyside Unified School District is committed to the development and support of aspiring school leaders. It is our goal to enhance their capacity, and continuously identify aspiring leaders who demonstrate commitment, innovation and a relentless pursuit to meet the academic needs of our students. We believe that school leaders are an essential component of successful schools and high-student achievement. This academy serves to build the leadership capacity of promising talent currently serving in SUSD. The Leadership Academy (LA) Application deadline is October 7, 2022. Please click on the following link to fill out the online application.
Leadership Academy Application
Leadership Academy members will be provided specific reading assignments that they will be expected to process individually and collaboratively with their cohort. Articles and videos will also be included in the resources participants will utilize to complete assignments. Participants will also be expected to access learning resources, respond and dialogue using Google. The Sunnyside Leadership Team is excited to work with Leadership Academy members and invest in the growth of leadership that benefits the future of employees and the district as well.
The minimum criteria for those wishing to be considered for SUSD’s Leadership Academy are as follows:
- All applicants must currently be an employee of SUSD
- Have at least 4 years of effective classroom teaching experience
- Currently placed or prior experience in a leadership role
- Principal Recommendation
- Complete an application and include a resume
- Submit it to Curriculum and Instruction by October 7, 2022.
- Develop an understanding about how to best become an educational leader in SUSD by gaining clarity around our core values
- Learn the role school leaders play to ensure all students receive an equitable education
- Understand the complex problem solving and relationship management required of school leaders
- Create a network of peers who can serve as thought partners, offer encouragement, and provide accountability
Meet monthly beginning on Monday, November 28, 2022. We will meet from 4:00 pm- 6:00 pm on the dates listed below.
- December 19. 2022
- January 30, 2023
- February 20, 2023
- March 20, 2023
- April 17, 2023
- May 15, 2023
If you have any questions please contact Mary Montano at (520) 545-2088 or email [email protected]