Career & Technical Education
REAL-WORLD READY IS WHAT SETS US APART.
Southern Arizona’s economy is growing at a rapid pace with industries like bioscience, aerospace and space science, precision manufacturing, hospitality and gastronomy in our own backyard. Which is why with more than 24 Career and Technical Education programs delivered through six College and Career Academies, Sunnyside is preparing our students to become the next generation of innovators and problem-solvers.
The workforce of the 21st century relies on people who have a unique skills of both technical and analytical skills. Our role is not just to prepare students for college and the workforce, but to provide them with a wide range of transferable skills to succeed in not just one, but multiple careers in their lifetime. Through our partnerships with Southern Arizona Manufacturing Partners, Arizona Technology Council, JTED, Sun Corridor and other business and industry groups, our District is helping students explore their post-secondary options and connect with regional employers in both large and small organizations who are ready to provide internships, hire and develop talent.
The College and Career Academies at Sunnyside ensure our students have a competitive edge for life after graduation through:
- College and career-ready focused education
- Rigorous Career and Technical Education classes
- Real-world, relevant and engaging classes
- Small learning communities include a supportive Freshman Academy followed by a student-clustered, College and Career Academy
- Earn college credit in high school for dual credit and advanced placement
- Community partnerships with business, industry, colleges and agencies offer more learning opportunities
- Global classes include world languages, fine arts and physical education
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Have you ever wanted to be a cook, astronaut, police officer, soldier, teacher, entrepreneur, pilot, nurse, doctor, or reporter? Did you picture yourself being an engineer, mechanic, electrician, architect, photographer, or director?
Have you ever wondered why you wanted to be those things? - Maybe it's because you have natural talents for making things, helping people, or leadership qualities that can help reshape the world around you?
This short assessment can help you identify those skills and interests and suggest which SUSD CTE programs best fit you!Interactive Course Guide