Sunnyside Online (SOSA)
SUNNYSIDE ONLINE SUCCESS ACADEMY (SOSA)
For families who do not wish to return to in-person learning, we have a distance-learning option available, the Sunnyside Online Success Academy (SOSA). SOSA is a full-time, full online learning from home, personalized learning model. The self-paced, independent structure of SOSA requires the student to prioritize and complete tasks on their own. Students interested in SOSA should carefully consider their academic skills, preferred learning styles, and ability to work independently to determine if SOSA is a good match.
- For the current 2021-22 school year, SOSA is available for K - 12th grade students
- For the 2022-23 school year, SOSA is only available to 4th - 12th grade students
- Five days per week (no set schedule)
- Online curriculum designed to provide self-paced learning. The curriculum is different from the curriculum utilized in SUSD schools.
- Limited direct interactions with a teacher. SOSA has an office-hour structure where students need to schedule time with an instructor for questions and support.
- Chromebooks will be provided to students
If you are interested in enrolling or learning more about K-8 SOSA, please call Mike Bejarano at (520)545-2247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in enrolling or learning more about High School SOSA, please call Teresa Tenace at (520)545-2300 or email email@example.com
- How do I enroll?
If your student attends High School and you are interested in enrolling or learning more about SOSA, please call 545-2300.
If your student attends K–8 and you are interested in enrolling or learning more about SOSA, please speak directly with your school principal.
- When do I start?
As soon as you enroll the online facilitator will be notified. You will be contacted and helped to create a schedule that fits your graduation needs. You will be able to begin your classes within 2 business days.
- How do I finish? When do I finish?
You finish by completing required classwork and passing the final exams. Courses are set up to be completed within a specified period of time to help you stay on track.
- Can I set my own schedule? When do I work?
Yes! You can work whenever you want as long as you meet the minimum average of 25 hours per week.
- How much do I have to work on my classes?
Students should have a minimum average of 25 hours per week for the attendance requirement. Need a break from the lessons? Then be sure to “bank” hours the week prior. Students may not have a two-week attendance deficit. A 30-hour goal is recommended for students who are behind in credits. The SOSA attendance week is from Monday-Sunday, 24 hours per day. This includes weekends, holidays, fall break, winter break, and spring break to provide you with maximum flexibility to complete your school work.
- Do I need my own computer?
You can use your own computer, but, if you need one, you can check one out from the district office by calling 545-2069 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I reach my teacher?
You can send a message through the SchoolsPLP system or to the teachers district email. You can also call, text, or email the online coordinator Maggie Johnson, at 520-360-9914 or email@example.com