Get the Credit you deserve
Did you know that if you owe taxes you can make a school donation in its place?
Individuals that owe at least $200 in taxes can make a donation to any of the Sunnyside District Schools and receive a Tax Credit of equal value for the 2023 tax year. By making a donation now, you will reduce the amount of taxes you have to pay on April 15th. It’s like making payments on what you owe, except you give it to a school instead of the Arizona IRS. It’s a win-win for all of us!
- What is a tax credit?
A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in the tax you owe. If the credit is more than the amount of taxes you owe, the credit can be carried forward for up to five years. Receiving this tax credit will allow you to reduce the amount you owe the state (your state tax bill) or increase your refund from the state. When filing your 2020 taxes for the State of Arizona, the amount you donate to your school will be the amount you may claim as a state tax credit.
- How do tax credits work?
If you donate $200, the state will allow you to take a tax credit of $200. When you file your taxes before April 15, your state tax bill will be decrease by by $200, or if you are receiving a refund your refund will be $200 more. Either way, you are sending your tax dollars directly to the school of your choice (instead of the State).
YOU WILL NOT BE ASKED FOR YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER WHEN DONATING TO YOUR SCHOOL.
- How does this program benefit our schools?
100% of the money you donate goes directly to the school of your choice.
Please note the CTDS # next to your school for your tax records.
- Craycroft Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-108
- Drexel Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-112
- Elvira Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-114
- Esperanza Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-115
- Gallego K-3 Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-117
- Liberty Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-116
- Los Amigos Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-119
- Los Niños Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-118
- Mission Manor Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-122
- Rivera Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-124
- Santa Clara Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-126
- Summit View Elementary CTDS# 10-02-12-123
- Ocotillo Learning Center CTDS# 10-02-12-134
- Apollo Middle School CTDS# 10-02-12-106
- Challenger Middle School CTDS# 10-02-12-132
- Gallego 4-8 Intermediate CTDS# 10-02-12-105
- Lauffer Middle School CTDS# 10-02-12-133
- Sierra 2-8 School CTDS# 10-02-12-131
- Desert View High School CTDS# 10-02-12-211
- Sunnyside High School CTDS# 10-02-12-230
- Star Academic High School CTDS# 10-02-12-513
- What will the money be used for?
Arizona Tax Credit dollars will be used for the qualified school activities of your choice. Donate to such activities as athletic programs, music programs, or other after school clubs.
Let our students tell you what your donation can be used for. (Click on the links to view their videos)
- How much can I donate?
Arizona law enables taxpayers a tax credit contribution of up to $400 per calendar year if filing status is Married, filing Joint Return; $200 per calendar year if filing status is Single or Head of Household; and, $200 per calendar year if filing status is Married filing Separate Return.
- Can I make a donation by Mail?
Yes you can! First, Download the TAX FORM (Spanish / English), then Print it out, and Fill it out. Put the form along with your donation in an envelope and mail it to: Sunnyside Unified School District, 2238 E. Ginter Road, Tucson, AZ 85706. Please make your donation payable to the school of your choice. Mailed donations, must be postmarked by April 15, 2023 to receive credit towards your 2021 taxes.
If you wish, you may also drop off your donation at Sunnyside Unified School District, 2238 E. Ginter Road, Tucson, AZ 85706.
- Can I make a donation Online?
Yes! - Our online donation portal is a safe and 100% secure way make a donation to the school of your choice. Make your tax donation here!
- Once I send in my donation, is there anything else I need to do?
Yes. When you file your taxes, you will need to include Arizona Form 322 for tax credit donations. When forms become available, after the first of the year, you will need to download Arizona Form 322 from the Arizona Department of Revenue.
- What else do I need to know?
You do not need to have a child enrolled in one of the SUSD schools to be eligible for the tax credit. You do not have to be a Tucson resident to donate to a school. You may donate less than $200 (single) or $400 (jointly) and still be eligible to receive the tax credit in the amount of your donation.
Please make check payable to SUSD/name of school(s) • You will receive receipt for your tax records. Contributions can be made at any Sunnyside school or mail to: 2238 East Ginter Road, Attn: Tax Credit, Tucson, 85706