Help us plan your student's transportation needs for the 2020/2021 school year.
Your input will help improve bus routes. The safety of your student is our top priority; we want to make sure that your student's transportation experience is safe and timely.
As we build out our school bus routes for the 2020-2021 school year. We are asking parents who have not yet returned the printed Registration Form for Transportation Services to please fill out the following electronic version.
Registering your child for school transportation will allow the automated routing systems to be used to determine how many students need to be transported from each pickup location to each school. To ensure that our transportation service is used most effectively, we have implemented the following rules:
- District transportation services are not available to Open Enrollment students. It will be necessary for families of students under open enrollment to provide their own transportation. This includes students who are enrolled in a school that is not their school of residence.
- Walking to School: Students who live within the approved radius walking distance to their school will not be provided transportation. Exceptions to this rule will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Approved distances by grade level:
- Elementary schools: One Mile
- Middle schools: One Mile
- High schools: One and a half miles
- Students enrolled in magnet schools will receive transportation services.
- Students in Special Education will receive transportation services as outlined in their Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Parents of students who were afforded school transportation under the McKinney-Vento Law will have to contact the McKinney-Vento office at (520) 545-2158 or (520) 545-3460 for school transportation eligibility. For more information regarding the McKinney-Vento Law please click here.
It will be necessary for the DCS Case Worker to contact the school district's Foster Liaison at (520) 545-2158 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for school transportation eligibility for a student not residing within the Sunnyside USD boundary or school of origin boundary.
Please use the below form to register your child for transportation services. Confirmation letters will be sent to registered students during the summer, indicating the bus number, bus route and time the bus will arrive at the bus stop. We look forward to serving our students and families in the 2018-2019 school year.
Director of Transportation and Maintenance