Build a better future. Start your career with Sunnyside Unified School District today.
Join our team!
If you are interested in working for a dynamic school district, Sunnyside is the place for you. Our benefit package is created with employee review and input to ensure the most cost-effective package available. The Sunnyside Unified School District is also a member of the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and Long Term Disability (LTD) plan. Welcome to Sunnyside.
It is District policy to fully comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Sunnyside Unified School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to its employees and applicants for employment in order to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need accommodations to attend a hiring interview, please notify the interview scheduler at the time you are contacted to schedule an interview. ADA accommodations are handled by the Human Resources Department. For ADA intake, follow up or general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News:Read this article about the breakdown for Tucson's nine major school districts and how Sunnyside is ranked #1 in teacher pay.
Teacher Compensation and Incentives
As a district focused on redefining the teaching profession, we strive to provide incentives so that our teachers can improve their craft while remaining in the classroom. Our competitive compensation structure takes into account M&O funds as well as recent additional funding from the Arizona legislature to put into effect an immediate 10% increase in teacher pay.Click here to view Current Openings
Employee Salary Schedules
- Certified Salary Schedule (2020-2021)
- Certified Salary Schedule (2021-2022)
- Classified Salary Schedule (Effective January 2021)
- Classified Salary Schedule (2021-2022)
- Classified Hourly Wage Schedule (2021-2022)
- Administrator Salary Schedule (2020-2021)
- Administrator Salary Schedule (2021-2022)
- Pay Date Schedule 2021/2022
- Employee Work/Pay Schedule (2021-2022)
Occupational Job Classifications
Benefit Options That fit You and Your Family's Needs
The Sunnyside Unified School District has a comprehensive benefits package available for eligible *Full Time* and *Part-Time* employees. Benefits include District contribution towards the selections that the employee chooses.
- High Deductible Health Plan
- Prepaid and DPPO
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Supplemental and Voluntary Programs
- Supplemental Life, AD&D
- Disability, Illness and Cancer
- $25,000 District Paid Life Insurance
Join Our Team
Our thriving district offers:
- Laptops/Tablets for all certified employees
- Technology Training
- Professional Development coaching and mentoring
- New Teacher mentoring during the first year
- Up to 24 paid holidays throughout the year
- Motivating employee wellness program
- Affordable health care for all employees
- Friendly work environment where you are treated like family!
Be part of a district where you can make a difference!
Become a Substitute Teacher!
Interested in becoming a Substitute Teacher for Sunnyside Unified School District?Click here to find out how
Ready to Retire?
If you are an employee with 80 or more ASRS points and are considering retirement in the next 0 - 3 years, you should look closely at your retirement options. The Sunnyside Unified School District offers many options, and one might be right for you!
The deadline to submit your intent to retire is February 15.